Rob Rees completed an interim assignment as Vice Principal of Bournemouth and Poole College for 3 months to January 2016. He worked within the Exec team with specific responsibility for:
- Student Services.
Commenting on his work at the College the Principal says:
Rob’s main achievements during this time were:
- Prepared the final SAR and CIP leading to approval by the Board.
- Undertook a review of all curriculum to inform Business Planning.
- Contributed to the design of a new organisational management structure.
- Completed a review of the Tutorial system and implemented changes.
- Identified some significant weaknesses that weren’t being addressed and initiated action e.g. organisation of Work Experience placements, tracking of timely Apprenticeship completions.
- With the Vice Principal Finance, undertook a review of key Management Information, implemented changes to standardise reports and introduced new controls covering report development.
- Prepared Board papers, attended Board meetings and presented items.
- At the end of the assignment, carried out a comprehensive handover and prepared a thorough action plan for the incoming post holder that ensured a smooth transition.
As a result of undertaking comprehensive preparation before joining us, Rob contributed effectively from the outset and the handover was very smooth. Although he was only with us for a short time, he did more than merely caretake the post, he ensured that issues were progressed and developed as they would have done with a permanent post holder. His experience as a VP Curriculum meant that he understood the role and requirements completely and he quickly gained the respect and confidence of peers, direct reports and the Board.
“despite covering a full time post for four days a week, all deadlines were hit and all targets were met with some additional projects also delivered. His proactive approach and outgoing personality meant that he quickly assimilated himself into our team.”
Principal & Chief Executive, Bournemouth & Poole College